BGW Community Unity Pride Flag 2022
Tired of being told which flag to fly, we at Black Gay Weddings have developed a flag for the BGW Community and beyond. As an answer to the underrepresentation of the LGBTQIA+ community of color, We proudly present the new BGW Community Unity Flag.
- 🌈 【Premium Material】Our 3 x 5 feet Community Unity Flag is made from 100% polyester. Durable yet light enough to fly in a gentle breeze, perfect for indoor or outdoor use.
- 🌈 【CRAFTSMANSHIP】LGBTQIA+ rainbow banner has double stitching at all edges and four reinforced rows on the fly hem. The Double-Poly header with two solid brass grommets is well made. Fine artistry protects the rainbow flag from wind damage.
- 🌈 【UV Protection & Fade-resistant】The design and color of this LGBTQIA+ flag are vivid and sharp. We use anti-UV dye to keep the color bright.
- 🌈 【OCCASION】The Community Unity Flag and be used for any and all occasions celebrating the LGBTQIA+ Community.
- 🌈 【USE】Could be used in the home, garden, car, school, lawn, etc. It is a perfect gift for friends, lovers, and relatives.
The new BGW Community Unity Flag represents the resilience of the LGBTQIA+ community of color and our ability to overcome internal and external challenges. The embodiment of past, present, and future, this reflective and forward-thinking redesign forces all of us to envision our community as one regardless of race, color, or gender identity.
More than just a pretty composition of colors and stripes, the Community Unity Flag is a unifying symbol that binds us together as we face the challenges that lie ahead. Knowing that politicians and legislators worldwide are constantly attempting to undermine our progress by rolling back the fundamental right to love who we love, we must prepare to face them as a unified community.
This new flag reminds us that despite the geopolitical obstacles we face, our global community will endure. Until we are all free to love who we love, then none of us are truly free to love.
Designed by BGW CEO Lawrence Broughton (USPTO Patent Pending), the new flag originates from a center core of black, outward to the color red, the design is a mirrored image from its center, allowing either the top or bottom grommet to be clipped first, and the flag will appear the same. In other words, it can never be flown wrong.
The original six full-sized color stripes representing life (red), healing (orange), sunlight (yellow), nature (green), harmony/peace (blue), and spirit (purple/violet) appear on both sides of the new chevron that runs from end to end.
The five colors of the chevron arrows represent trans and non-binary individuals, those living with and lost to HIV/AIDs, as well as the marginalized LGBTQIA+ Community of Color. The chevron arrows point to the right to show forward movement, while the chevron cluster along the left edge shows that progress still needs to be made.
•The light blue, pink, and white represent our trans and non-binary members.
•The brown chevron represents the LGBTQIA+ community of color
•The black chevron represents our increased social awareness of the stigma surrounding those living with HIV and those lost to HIV/AIDS.
When viewing the design, the flag encourages each person to reflect on how it relates to their unique experiences and the experiences of those they love.
The symbol of a new international movement to liberate LGBTQIA+ love worldwide, this flag binds us all to a shared global consciousness supporting the infallible truth that Love Is Love.
lgbtqia+ pride flag