Broughton Media Group’s prime mission is to normalize the global acceptance and celebration of the LGBTQIA+ community of color and elevate the experiences of same-sex marriages, honeymoons, and enGAYgements while supporting the businesses that faithfully serve our community.
At Broughton Media Group & Black Gay Weddings, we believe strongly that Black Lives Matter. Our dedication to equality in publishing is in direct response to the failure of other media outlets to fairly and equitably represent the LGBTQIA+ Community of Color. We don’t have to defend our record of supporting the LGBTQIA+ community of color because we are a part of the community that has been underrepresented for far too long. Other outlets are using similar inclusion pledges in an attempt to appease the disenfranchised for decades of underrepresentation, but at Black Gay Weddings, we say, Your Time Is Up!
All of our content centers on the LGBTQIA+ community of color. As such, we vow only to feature Members and Allies of our community who are committed to leveling the representational playing field.
Venues with a history of racial wrong-doing and intolerance, such as plantations, will not be accepted as a venue in our directory, as an advertiser, or as part of an editorial submission.
For more information, see our Terms and Conditions.
By submitting material to Broughton Media Group, including but not limited to photos, illustrations, press releases, any written content, emails, social media direct messages, website uploads directory, user profiles, wedding tools, and any other editorial or advertising submissions you grant us the perpetual right to use, reproduce, modify, perform, display, distribute the submission for any lawful purpose.
For more information, see our Terms and Conditions.
At Broughton Media Group, we pride ourselves on creating original and accurate content. Founded on journalistic integrity and ideals, Broughton Media Group is dedicated to truth and justice. If you find something on any of our sites that appears counter to these ideals, don’t hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our product and service reviews are independent and based on research and testing. If you visit links within our content, we may receive commissions from your purchases, but we never receive any compensation or consideration for the content of our recommendations.
For more information, see our Terms and Conditions.
All participating Broughton Media Group vendors and advertisers have agreed to our LGBTQIA+ inclusion pledge. Broughton Media Group reserves the right to remove any content for violating the terms of our LGBTQIA+ inclusion pledge’s terms or conditions with no refunds given.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Updated November 11, 2021
All our contributors are required to agree to our inclusion pledge and high ethical standards and comply with all legal requirements, including Federal Trade Commission (FTC) disclosure requirements. The contributors, not Broughton Media Group, are responsible for their content and compliance with these standards.
Broughton Media Group does not represent or guarantee that any contributor has achieved any particular level of expertise or knowledge or has any specific qualifications or credentials for the subject matter to which their contributions relate. Broughton Media Group is also not obligated to monitor or independently research or verify any content they contribute.
Broughton Media Group reserves the right to modify, suspend or discontinue (temporarily or permanently) our sites, or any part of our sites, with or without notice and at any time.
Users of our sites hereby acknowledge that the information available through our sites is provided solely for informational purposes on an “as is” basis and shall use the information contained therein at their own risk.
Broughton Media Group makes no guarantees as to the accuracy, quality, or completeness of the information, and Broughton Media Group shall not be responsible or liable for any errors, omissions, or inaccuracies in the information or for any user’s reliance on the information. The user is solely responsible for verifying the information as appropriate for the user’s personal use, and we make no representations or warranties regarding the content on our sites.
We are not obligated to review, and you should not expect us to review the content on our sites, including submission or content by contributors.
Our sites are not intended for users under 18 years of age. If you are under the age of 18, please do not use our sites and do not provide us with any personal information.
We make no claims that our sites or their content are accessible or appropriate outside of the United States. Access to our sites may not be legal by certain persons or in certain countries. If you access our sites from outside the United States, you do so at your own risk and are responsible for compliance with local laws and regulations.
We have the right to fully cooperate with any law enforcement authorities or court order requesting or directing us to disclose the identity or other information related to anyone posting any materials on or through our sites. YOU WAIVE AND HOLD HARMLESS BROUGHTON MEDIA GROUP AND ITS AFFILIATES, AGENTS, LICENSEES AND SERVICE PROVIDERS FROM ANY CLAIMS RESULTING FROM ANY ACTION TAKEN BY ANY OF THE FOREGOING PARTIES DURING OR AS A RESULT OF ITS INVESTIGATIONS AND FROM ANY ACTIONS TAKEN AS A CONSEQUENCE OF INVESTIGATIONS BY EITHER THE COMPANY, SUCH PARTIES OR LAW ENFORCEMENT AUTHORITIES.
The terms Broughton Media Group, www.broughtonmediagroup.com, www.blackgayweddings.com, www.lgbtqbizlist.com, www.bgwpridestore.com, and other Broughton Media Group trademarks and service marks, and all related names, logos, product and service names, designs and slogans, are trademarks of Broughton Media Group or its affiliates or licensors. You may not use such marks without the prior written permission of Broughton Media Group. All other names, logos, product and service names, designs, and slogans on our sites are the trademarks of their respective owners.
Any submission you provide to us will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary. By providing any submissions to us, either directly or through third-party sites, you grant us and our affiliates and service providers, and each of their and our respective licensees, successors, and assigns, the perpetual right to use, reproduce, modify, perform, display, distribute and otherwise disclose to third parties any such material for any purpose.
By submitting material to us, you represent and warrant that:
• You own or control all rights in and to the submissions;
• the submission complies with all laws;
• You have obtained the permission of every person featured in your submission and have the authorization to disclose their personal details, including gender pronouns and sexual orientation;
• the submission does not violate the rights of any third party; and
• the submission complies with our content standard and these Terms and Conditions.
You understand and acknowledge that you are responsible for any submissions you submit or contribute, and you, not Broughton Media Group, have full responsibility for such content, including its legality, reliability, and accuracy. We are not responsible or liable to any third party for the content or accuracy of any submissions posted by you or any other user of our sites.
We cannot and do not undertake to review all material before it is posted on our sites and cannot ensure prompt removal of objectionable material after it has been posted. Accordingly, we assume no liability for any action or inaction regarding transmissions, communications, or content provided by any user or third party. Further, we have no liability or responsibility to anyone for the performance or nonperformance of the activities described in this section.
These content standards apply to all submissions and advertising on our sites. Content must not:
• Contain any material which is defamatory, obscene, indecent, abusive, offensive, harassing, violent, hateful, inflammatory, or otherwise objectionable.
• Promote sexually explicit or pornographic material, violence, or discrimination based on sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or age.
• Infringe any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, or other intellectual property or other rights of any other person.
• Be likely to deceive any person.
• Promote any illegal activity or advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act.
• Cause annoyance, inconvenience, or needless anxiety or be likely to upset, harass, embarrass, alarm, or annoy any other person.
• Impersonate any person or misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person or organization.
• Give the impression that they emanate from or are endorsed by us or any other person or entity if that is not the case.
Broughton Media Group deals with copyright infringement in accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). You may not post, upload, or otherwise place any content or information on our sites that belong to a third party unless you have the legal right to do so. If you believe in good faith that your copyrighted work has been reproduced on our sites without authorization in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, you may notify our designated copyright agent either by mail to Copyrights, Broughton Media Group LLC,PO Box 370681, Reseda CA 91337 or in an email to email@example.com Please include the following:
• Your physical or electronic signature.
• Identification of the copyrighted work you believe in having been infringed or if the claim involves multiple works on our sites, a representative list of such works.
• Identification of the material you believe to be infringing in a sufficiently precise manner to allow us to locate that material, such as the exact URL (web page) that it appeared on, along with any copies you have of that web page.
• Adequate information by which we can contact you (including your name, postal address, telephone number, and email address).
• A statement that you have a good faith belief that the use of the copyrighted material is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
• A statement, under penalty of perjury, that the information in the written notice is accurate and that you are authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner.
• In any way that violates any applicable federal, state, local, or international law or regulation.
• To exploit, harm, or attempt to exploit or harm minors in any way by exposing them to inappropriate content, asking for personally identifiable information, or otherwise.
• To transmit, or procure the sending of, any advertising or promotional material, including any “junk mail,” “chain letter,” or “spam,” or any other similar solicitation.
• To impersonate or attempt to impersonate Broughton Media Group, a Broughton Media Group employee, another user, or any other person or entity (including, without limitation, by using email addresses or screen names associated with any of the foregoing).
• To engage in any other conduct that restricts or inhibits anyone’s use or enjoyment of our sites, or which, as determined by us, may harm Broughton Media Group or users of our sites or expose them to liability.
• To deadname transgender individuals by sharing the name assigned to them at birth.
• To submit weddings or engagements of people for editorial or advertising purposes without their written permission.
• To intentionally or unintentionally out a person as LGBTQIA+ by not obtaining their permission before submitting their name, likeness, story, and photography to Broughton Media Group and its properties.
• To “scrape” or disaggregate data from our sites (whether by manual or automated means) for any commercial, marketing, or data compiling or enhancing purpose.
• To introduce any viruses, trojan horses, worms, logic bombs, or other material or mechanism which is malicious or technologically harmful.
• To attempt to gain unauthorized access to, interfere with, damage or disrupt any parts of our sites, the server on which our sites is stored, or any server, computer or database connected to our sites.
• Otherwise, attempt to interfere with the proper working of our sites.
Broughton Media Group maintains a separation between advertising and editorial content.
• All advertising or sponsored content on Broughton Media Group is clearly and unambiguously distinguished from editorial content through borders or other distinguishing elements and/or identified as an “Ad,” “Advertisement,” “Sponsored” or a similar designation indicating that the content is being provided by or on behalf of an advertiser or sponsor.
• All “native” ads or paid content are identified as an “Ad,” “Advertisement,” “Sponsored,” or a similar designation indicating that the content is being provided by or on behalf of an advertiser or sponsor.
• Editorial content on Broughton Media Group is not influenced by advertisements unless the content is sponsored content, in which case, the content will be clearly identified with the title “Ad,” “Advertisement,” or “Sponsored,” or a similar designation, indicating that the content is being provided by or on behalf of an advertiser or sponsor.
Contributors and/or Broughton Media Group may receive compensation for participation in third-party affiliate marketing programs, including purchases made through links to Broughton Media Group’s e-commerce partners. Affiliate marketing links, including product reviews, will be identified with a disclaimer.
Advertisers are responsible for understanding and complying with all applicable laws and regulations, including FTC guidelines regarding advertising, native advertising disclosures, endorsements, privacy, and data security.
Broughton Media Group reserves the right to remove, without notice, any advertisements that violate our Terms and Conditions or our internal policies regardless of whether the advertisement was previously accepted by Broughton Media Group. No refunds will be given for any advertisements that are removed from our sites.
Advertisements may not contain or promote the following:
• Plantation Wedding Venues
• Controversial Political/Religious Issues
• Sexual/Adult Content
• Free Goods/Services
• Material Targeting Children
• Unverifiable Claim
• Before/After Images
• Health/Safety Claims
• Competitors to Broughton Media Group
• Malicious Software
• Landing Pages
Additionally, advertisements must:
• function uniformly on both Apple and PC formats, as well as all major internet browsers;
• not appear to compromise or influence Broughton Media Group’s editorial independence from advertisers;
• not create or imply the existence of any endorsement by Broughton Media Group of any product, service or organization;
• violate any the intellectual property rights of the Broughton Media Group or anything party; and
• not include open-box forms to register users or collect any data.
Advertisements may not collect and sell or license any data or mailing lists regarding Broughton Media Group users without Broughton Media Group’s prior written permission. Advertisers may not collect any personally identifiable information from Broughton Media Group users or place any cookies, applets, or other similar files if those files transmit any personally identifiable information to advertisers. Advertisers must handle data with appropriate care, not misuse any data they are permitted to collect, nor collect any data for unclear purposes or without appropriate security measures.
YOUR USE OF OUR SITES IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. NEITHER BROUGHTON MEDIA GROUP NOR ANY OF ITS SUBSIDIARIES, DIVISIONS, AFFILIATES, AGENTS, REPRESENTATIVES, OR LICENSORS (INCLUDING OUR INDEPENDENT CONTRACTOR CONTRIBUTORS) SHALL BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANYONE ELSE FOR ANY LOSS OR INJURY OR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE OR SIMILAR DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF YOUR ACCESS OR USE OF, OR YOUR INABILITY TO ACCESS OR USE, OUR SITES AND THE INFORMATION AVAILABLE ON OUR SITES OR ARISING OUT OF ANY ACTION TAKEN IN RESPONSE TO OR AS A RESULT OF ANY INFORMATION AVAILABLE ON OUR SITES. YOU HEREBY WAIVE ANY AND ALL CLAIMS AGAINST BROUGHTON MEDIA GROUP AND ITS SUBSIDIARIES, DIVISIONS, AFFILIATES, AGENTS, REPRESENTATIVES, AND LICENSORS (INCLUDING OUR INDEPENDENT CONTRACTOR CONTRIBUTORS) ARISING OUT OF YOUR USE OF OUR SITES AND THE INFORMATION AVAILABLE THEREON.
We do not review or monitor any websites, advertisements, or other media linked to or available through our sites and are not responsible for the content of any such third-party advertisements or linked websites. Prior to purchasing any third-party products or services described on our sites, you are advised to verify pricing, product quality, and other information necessary to make an informed purchase. Neither Broughton Media Group nor its parent or any of its subsidiaries, divisions, affiliates, agents, representatives, or licensors shall have any liability arising from your purchases of third-party products or services based upon the information provided on our sites, and we shall not receive or review complaints regarding such purchases.
WAIVER AND SEVERABILITY
Our sites are operated by Broughton Media Group LLC, PO Box 370681, Reseda, CA 91337. If you have a question regarding our sites, please send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also contact us by telephone at 833-427-6844.
Requests to use and reproduce content published on Broughton Media Group should be directed to: email@example.com